Monday, May 23, 2011

Fabric Texture Research- Nipple Leather

Glassons currently has this nipple pattern wallet on sale in stores all over New Zealand. If people are buying and getting into this idea in 2011, then I can bring in this idea stronger for the 2012 range. This is a very bad photograph of my wallet, but the colours are all skin tones, and the spots are a subtle nipple pattern- to many people they could choose to see only spots. 



I have come across Nicola Costantino a sculptural artist who has taken a mold form the human body. I love these accessories. This clearly represents ideas surrounding femininity and gender. The extremely realistic sense gives the work a human, fleshy, grotesque element yet still slightly glamorous and high fashion. They definitely are individual and stand out.



The "male nipple corset" has elements of the burlesque influence I wanted to bring in


I like the use of hair too. Even more human realism- also hair can have many associations with gender.     



All of her work is on her website:
http://www.nicolacostantino.com.ar/en/biografia_nicola.php

No comments:

Post a Comment